With Valentine's Day just around the bend, many feel anxious or hopeless about losing weight when sweet temptation beckons behind every heart-shaped box. Fortunately, there are many ways to show affection without derailing those weight-loss efforts.
- Let loved ones know there is no need to exchange unhealthy treats. Start dropping hints about what might make a better present instead.
- Show love with a movie pass, flowers or a new tea/coffee mug. Any gift can work, as loved ones know it's the thought that counts.
- Keep a pack of sugar-free mints or gum on hand for when candy cravings strike. Instead of popping candy, try a piece of gum, a sugar-free mint.
- Plan to indulge - just a little bit. Choose a small treat
- If Valentine's Day just isn't the same without chocolate, try a small piece of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) to satisfy the craving with a small amount of intense flavour rather than a large amount of lesser quality.
- Continue to stay active. Valentine's Day occurs during the winter months so find a fun winter-inspired activity to try alongside your Valentine. Go for a romantic winter walk.
- Beware of the pre-set Valentine's Day menu at restaurants. Order à la carte and share bites, while staying in control of the evening's menu choices.
- Going out for a romantic dinner is nice, but cooking at home can be equally romantic. Being able to control what you cook will help weight loss stay on track - and those culinary skills, whether basic or advanced, will impress that special someone.
- Get creative and make a healthy Valentine's Day dessert. Melt one piece of dark chocolate and pour over a half cup of strawberries. This dessert is simple yet decadent, and perfect for sharing.
- Try a new route at the office to avoid candy and chocolate minefields. After all, out of sight is out of mind. Go down a new hallway, take the back staircase… perhaps that new route will lead to a new Valentine, all while avoiding temptation.
- Keep portions in control and be honest about slip-ups. Everyone makes mistakes. Just get back on track at the next meal.
- Stick with Valentine's Day colours and fill up on healthy red foods like strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, red apples and pomegranates.
Don't let a holiday that lasts one day discourage you from achieving lasting weight-loss results. Once you resolve to lose weight and change your life, Weather you are thinking of starting the hcg diet plan or having a break it’s never too late to get on the right track and get back into shape.
Lose those love handles with the hcg diet plan